If you have been wondering how you can utilize SMU’s new high-power computing system, you’ll have lots of chances this fall to learn more! The Center for Scientific Computation will be offering several training sessions this semester.
The Fall 2017 CSC workshop series provides a hands-on experience that guides researchers from the basics of using SMU’s supercomputing resources to specific topics in parallelization and debugging. Additionally, the topics will cover information useful for researchers to quickly begin to use the new computing capabilities provided by ManeFrame II. New users are encouraged to take advantage of the introductory “Introduction to ManeFrame II” workshop that will be given once monthly during the semester. The workshops will be held Mondays, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Fondren Library room E110. Please register for the workshops here.
- September 25 – Migrating to ManeFrame II
- October 2 – Introduction to ManeFrame II
- October 9 – Debugging Python
- October 16 – Parallel Python
- October 23 – Introduction to Jupyter Notebooks
- October 30 – Porting Applications to MICs and GPUs
- November 6 – Introduction to ManeFrame II
- November 13 – No Workshop
- November 20 – Debugging Parallel Applications with Allinea DDT
- November 27 – Profiling Parallel Applications with Allinea MAP
- December 4 – Introduction to ManeFrame II