The New my.SMU is Here!

When students speak, we are listening!

The journey toward an improved and more powerful experience in my.SMU begins today. We have upgraded the software platform that powers my.SMU. Most of the functions you utilize within the system are unchanged in this first release. The major changes you’ll experience, however, will be evident in the user interface, meaning that the way you navigate to familiar functions has changed. This short video is available to introduce you to the new user interface, navigation, and features.

The blog post my.SMU: An Expected Journey describes the release methodology for new features.

Please see the my.SMU site on wiki.smu for the administrative documentation as it is being developed.

If you have any questions or concerns about the new my.SMU, please contact the IT Help Desk at 214-768-HELP or help@smu.edu.

Published by

Ian Aberle

Ian Aberle is the IT Communications Specialist and Trainer for the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at Southern Methodist University (SMU). He started at SMU in 1996 and, for much of his career at the University, had managed the SMU STAR Program before joining the Training & Communications Team in 2015. In his free time, Ian enjoys photography and road trips with his family. You can see examples of when the two collide at ianaberle.com.