We are receiving several reports of machines crashing after applying updates in Windows 10. In most of these cases, the computer has to be fully reloaded. While we are looking for the specific update causing the issue, SMU employees, please take a moment to ensure you have a current backup of all your data.
Verifying you have backed up with CrashPlan Pro
- Verify that you have CrashPlan installed.
- Search CrashPlan in the Search Window.
- Select CrashPlan and log in.
- Go to History and verify that the backup has completed recently.
- Important! Please do not reboot your computer right now. We will let you know once we have resolved the issues.
For more information on CrashPlan, visit smu.edu/crashplan.