Current Box users authenticating with their SMU.edu email account will be converted to a managed Box account under Southern Methodist University on January 11, 2016.
The change to an Enterprise account under SMU will not cause any data loss to your files, alter your permission settings, or affect the folder structure of your content. However, it will give you access to several important features that are not available to personal Box account users:
- Upload file size limit increased from 250MB to 5GB
- Larger storage quota
- Password protected sharing
- Faster uploads
- Detailed version history
If you would like to join SMU’s Box account as a managed user and merge your personal data, take no action.
If you currently have any content within your Box account that you would like to remove or transfer to a personal Box account, please do so by January 11, 2016.
Options to remove or transfer to a personal Box account:
- Change your current Box primary email address from the SMU.edu email address to a personal address. SMU domain email address will no longer be available for use with personal Box accounts. Instructions can be found at support.box.com/entries/20359433
- Open a new personal Box account with a personal email address and invite this personal account into your SMU.edu account folders that you’d like to migrate. Promote your personal Box account to be the folder owner and remove your SMU.edu as a collaborator from the folder(s)
- Use a third party service such as Mover, available at mybackupbox.com, to transfer content from Box account to another
Please contact IT Help Desk at 21-768-HELP if you have any questions or issues, or visit the Box Project Page at smu.edu/oit/projects/box.