It’s been eight weeks since the announcement was made regarding IT Shared Services. Since that announcement, IT has been working diligently to transition and establish the road map to meet the critical objectives of this new service model. OIT has identified the following critical milestones for IT:
- Integrate the infrastructure for Cox, Lyle and Law
- Unify the ticketing system for tracking and managing customer requests across all IT groups
- Establish the two governance councils
- Design and implement a distributed desktop support and classroom support framework
- Implement an e-forms tool to help further expedite processes across campus
- Establish an ERP Steering Committee and begin streamlining the ERP processes
- Complete the transition of individuals into the new Academic Technology roles
The timeline for each of these items can be viewed on our website.
On September 28, we completed the unification of the ticketing system. Requests are now entered into the same application and can easily be transferred to the appropriate support personnel. We will work on several changes to the customer request portal (help.smu.edu) to provide a more robust support experience including live chat with the Help Desk staff, and access to the knowledge base to help resolve issues quickly. Stay tuned for more information on these upcoming changes!
During the month of October, the IT Leadership team will meet with the various Deans, VPs, and leaders throughout campus to share the vision for Academic and embedded support. In addition, several Open House meetings will be announced where faculty and staff can visit with the IT Leadership team and learn about the vision and plans. Please join us if you are able!