It’s hard to believe the Spring semester is almost over. Summertime is always a very busy period for OIT as we strive to complete infrastructure projects or finish up new solutions before the Fall semester begins. Throughout the summer, we will post updates on a wide range of projects. However, here’s a sneak peek of a few of the projects scheduled:
- New Mobile Application: a new mobile application is being developed to deliver content from my.SMU to your mobile device. New functionality will be deployed periodically throughout the year. Look for an announcement later this summer for application details!
- Wireless Upgrades: The team will be busy upgrading over 600 wireless access points and enhancing some coverage areas that have reported issues.
- Distributed Antenna System: is in phase 2. By the Fall, the remaining residence halls should have strong cellular signal for all four main carriers.
- Help Desk Relocation: Yes, due to the Fondren Library renovations scheduled to begin shortly after graduation, the OIT Help Desk will be relocating. More details will be announced soon so that you’ll know where to find us when you need us!
- Voicemail to Inbox: This project is featured in another post, but soon your SMU voicemail will be delivered right to your email inbox.
There are many other projects underway. Stay tuned to the blog for more details and updates!