About Daniel Dewan

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Daniel Dewan has created 44 blog entries.

Map 4 Good is moving to Map InDallas

The Hunt Institute for Engineering and Humanity’s project “Map 4 Good” has evolved into Map InDallas. This transition includes an interdisciplinary advisory committee representing a range of key stakeholders for the project. While the name of the project has changed, the goals remain the same. Map InDallas looks to connect individuals in need with free [...]

2020-08-28T20:31:31+00:00 March 4th, 2020|

Giving Day 2020

The Gambia Clean Energy Project by Alboury Mohammed Njie ’22 is working to provide sustainable and clean electricity to The Gambia, where 48% of people have some access to electricity and the remaining 52% have no access. Njie was born and raised in The Gambia in West Africa. His childhood helped solidify his life goals [...]

2020-06-30T16:26:39+00:00 February 28th, 2020|

Mohammed Njie – Travel Feature

Alboury Mohammed Njie speaks with a member of the Tintinto village in The Gambia about day to day life without electricity. Many students at SMU return home during breaks, and the Hunt Institute’s Alboury Mohammed Njie is no exception. Like in years prior, Njie spent his winter break in The Gambia, where most [...]

2020-06-30T16:28:12+00:00 February 28th, 2020|

Brooke Betik

Brooke Betik is a freshman at Southern Methodist University working toward a B.A. in Journalism, B.A. in Political Science, and B.S. in Human Rights with minors in Graphic Design and Law & Legal Reasoning. She is a member of the University Honors Program, SMU Pom Team, Student Senate, Program Council, Boaz Commons Council, Alpha Chi [...]

2020-06-30T16:29:02+00:00 February 24th, 2020|

Mariana Midolo

Mariana Midolo is a sophomore at Southern Methodist University working toward a B.S. in Engineering Management Information Systems (EMIS) with a minor in Graphic Design. She is a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority, Student Foundation, and the Hegi Career Leaders. Mariana has also been recognized with the SMU Discovery Scholarship and Second Century Scholarship. [...]

2020-06-30T16:29:39+00:00 February 17th, 2020|

Srikanth Mangalam

Srikanth Mangalam is an internationally recognized expert in public policy and regulatory delivery across various areas of sustainable development with over 20 years of experience in North America, Asia, Europe and Africa. He is recognized as a visionary and a thought leader in public risk management with over 25 years of combined experience in the [...]

2020-08-25T16:18:59+00:00 February 11th, 2020|

Taylor Grace

Taylor Grace is a junior at Southern Methodist University working toward a B.S. in Engineering Management Information Systems (EMIS) and B.A. in Spanish. She is a member of Chi Omega sorority, Student Mobilization Christian Bible study, and the SMU Women’s Lacrosse team. Taylor has also been recognized as a Distinguished Scholar. After completing her undergraduate [...]

2020-09-18T19:31:11+00:00 January 30th, 2020|

Varsha Appaji ’21

Varsha Appaji '21 B.S. in Statistical Science B.A. in Public Policy B.A. in Economics SMU Dean’s Scholar Pre-law Scholar Discovery Scholar Varsha finds her passion at the place where her three majors intersect: in critically evaluating the potential mechanisms that can help alleviate socioeconomic inequality. She works as an undergraduate research analyst for the Hunt [...]

2020-09-11T20:34:44+00:00 January 28th, 2020|