Natalie Owings

Natalie Owings is currently pursuing a BBA in Marketing with minors in French and Graphic Design. She is intending to graduate in May of 2023.

Natalie is involved on campus as Intern for SMU Athletics Hospitality, and as a Design Editor for the SMU Lookbook. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, working out, taking photos, and making personal projects within the Adobe programs.

In her role as an Undergraduate Social Media Marketer at the Hunt Institute, Natalie will be managing the digital marketing day-to-day campaigns and compiling analytical data to inform decisions for the communication’s team strategy.  She also helps to implement the communication for the marketing of events for the Institute, the Inclusive Economy Consortium, and project-related events. In the future, she plans to pursue a career with a marketing team for internationally connected brands or sports industries.

When asked what drew her to work at the Hunt Institute, she replied “I was drawn to the Hunt Institute because it provided me an opportunity to expand collaboration with my peers while creating impactful projects for national and international communities. To me, it satisfied my desires to involve myself into a purposeful organization at SMU and intertwine my fascination with foreign matters.”

To read more about the Hunt Institute’s work to develop future-focused solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems, please click here. For the latest news on the Hunt Institute, follow our social media accounts on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. We invite you to listen to our Podcast called Sages & Seekers. If you are considering engaging with the institute, you can donate, or sign-up for our newsletter by emailing huntinstitute@smu.edu.