Cole DeYoung ’20

Cole DeYoung

Class of 2020

Undergraduate Program Manager

Engineering Management, Information and Systems major

Economics Minor

SMU Discovery Scholarship

Founders Scholarship

INFORMS VP of Finance

“I love my major and that it challenges me and I know that what I’ve learned at SMU and through my work experience will enable me to do something great, but that won’t matter to me if I’m not passionate about the work I am doing. What inspires me, what feeds my soul, is working with people. I am lucky I found the Hunt Institute because I finally get to apply the technical business side of me to something that I am deeply passionate about.”

Cole DeYoung graduated from Southern Methodist University studying Engineering Management, Information and Systems and Economics. She served as the VP of Finance for the SMU chapter of INFORMS and as a Project Manager here at the Hunt Institute.

Cole’s EMIS major teaches math and computer science skills, optimization techniques and business principles. She uses this breadth of skills in her various work experiences. Cole worked as a Reliability Engineering Intern for Abbott Nutrition her freshman year, as a Business Excellence Intern for Abbott Diagnostics her sophomore year and will be working for a Management Consulting firm in New York City this summer.

It is Cole’s lifelong passion for helping others that brought her to the Hunt Institute.

“It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.” ― Leo Buscaglia

To read more about the Hunt Institute’s work to develop future-focused solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems, please click here. For the latest news on the Hunt Institute, follow our social media accounts on LinkedInFacebookand Instagram. We invite you to listen to our Podcast called Sages & Seekers. If you are considering engaging with the institute, you can donate, or sign-up for our newsletter by emailing huntinstitute@smu.edu.