Ambassadors Life Around Dallas

D-Town Dining

Being from Dallas is excellent if you, like me, love food. Having the most restaurants per
capita in the entire United States ensures that every meal eaten off campus is not just a meal,
but an experience. The variety in cuisines and atmospheres in Dallas’ plethora of restaurants
make it the perfect place to live for a college foodie. When I arrived at SMU last year I made it
my mission to try as many places as possible before I graduate. So far I’d say I’ve done pretty
well.

I’m a burgers and fries girl, so my quest for the perfect burger started just about the day I
moved in. Myself and my neighbor decided to check out The Porch, an up-and-coming,
self-described “down home” diner with a modern vibe. The burger I had there – complete
with bleu cheese and bacon – was incredible. Since then I’ve tried Grub Burger Bar, Hopdoddy’s,
East Hampton Sandwich Co., and Lark in the Park in Klyde Warren Park, among others.
They’ve all been fantastic, and that list will only grow as I branch out even further!
image2
I’ve always been somewhat of a picky eater so getting me to try something new is kind of
like trying to get your cat to sit still for a bath. This year however, I’ve really tried to expand my
food horizons. To my surprise, the world hasn’t ended. I really enjoy Start, a restaurant
specializing in organic food off of Greenville Ave, and Rise No. 1, a restaurant that serves
soufflés – exclusively. Trying different foods offers a new dining experience; sometimes it’s
great, sometimes it’s not so great, but learning what you like and don’t like is half the battle of
becoming a foodie. image1

If one of the things you’re looking for in a city is a place with a vast array of restaurants to choose from, Dallas definitely is for you. From nationwide favorites like Pei Wei and Chipotle to local gems like Campisi’s and Mr. Mesero, Dallas offers a unique dining experience for you no matter what
your preferences are. My advice to SMU students, visitors and residents of Dallas is to take
full advantage of the restaurant scene here. Dallas dining is spectacular!

By Tammy Winters

By Claire Piepenburg

AA-EnrollServ(Recruit&Retension)