General

Giving Back through Service

UntitledBy Julius Henderson

One beautiful aspect of college is having the opportunity engage many interests at one time. This fall, I’ve been able to expand my college experience and find new ways to learn through peers and within the Dallas community. Just before Thanksgiving Break this year, I was asked to sit on a success panel for the Young Men’s Conference that was held at Balch Springs Middle School in Pleasant Grove, Dallas. This proved to be one of the more enjoyable experiences I’ve had this semester.

I spent the morning with 3 others talking to a group of 8th grade middle school students about topics ranging from how to handle money to how to manage the responsibilities that come with being successful. Talking with the students was rewarding for me because of the message that was being conveyed. It’s always good to help others, but it’s even more important to continue to reach back and guide others to be successful. I look forward to future opportunities to build relationships with these students and continue to be a positive role model in their lives.