Athletics

Game Day: SMU vs. TCU

By Shannon Conboy

What an absolutely incredible weekend in Fort Worth!

This weekend, I made the trip with some fellow SMU students down to Fort Worth to support our Mustangs! We got on the road early Saturday morning, starting the day off right at Bubba’s for breakfast which is conveniently walking distance from campus. After about an hour drive, we arrived at the house of one of our fellow SMU students to be greeted by an array of red and blue adorned by twenty to thirty of our other friends who had also made the trip.

After we had left the house, some of us heading to the TCU tailgate to catch up with some old high school friends, it was game time. Unfortunately, I’m not able to brag that we won and ‘fried the frogs,’ but I can say that we made a strong presence to support our ‘Stangs amidst the sea of purple! Sure, it was different than boulevarding before a home game, but I almost felt like there was an even greater sense of SMU spirit as we stuck together and were loyal to our team. It was a fun Saturday road trip, an awesome chance to hang out with friends outside of Dallas, and a great memory I’ll keep for years to come!