Headquartered at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, the Center for Global Health Impact uses innovative approaches to increase access to health solutions around the world.
Since its founding in 2014 by SMU Professor of Global Health Dr. Eric G. Bing, the Center for Global Health Impact has facilitated and contributed to many local, national, and international projects focused on improving global and public health. The Center’s projects include:
- Virtual reality surgical training research projects, with a focus on radical abdominal hysterectomy (RAH) procedures and postpartum hemorrhage treatment.
- Development of eLearning courses for health leaders in lower-resourced settings.
- Evaluating the impact of meditation apps on stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Courses on global and public health taught each spring.
- COVID-19 reopening protocols in association with SMU and the Dallas Theater Center.
To learn more, visit our website, email us at email@example.com and engage with us on Twitter.