Project SMU: Operational Excellence for the Second Century (OE2C) has assembled a Procurement Initiative team tasked with saving the University millions of dollars each year.
The team, chaired by Cox Dean Al Niemi and Vice President of Student Affairs Lori White, began work on Nov. 6, 2014. The initiative’s goal is to help the University realize $11-15 million in annual savings through both quick savings in a few specific spending categories and a redesigned purchasing organization.
Terry Conner, director of Purchasing and Accounts Payable, will serve as project manager and will collaborate with a committee comprised of these SMU contributors:
- Catherine Collins (Cox School of Business)
- Donna Cotter (Central University Libraries)
- Patrick Cullen (Campus Services)
- Windy Epperson (Accounts Payable)
- Ellen Frost (Bridwell Library)
- Cathy Heckman (Purchasing)
- Mary Hollerich (Central University Libraries)
- Abby Kinney (Office of Information Technology)
- Dawn Norris (Student Life)
- Anel Reyna (Office of Information Technology)
- Justin Trombold (Simmons School of Education and Human Development)
- Carmela Wells (Grant and Contract Accounting)