Throughout the 2008-09 academic year, students and faculty have shared news of their research and travels around the world and at SMU on the Student Adventures blog. Highlights this spring included:
• SMU’s Model United Nations team, which was invited to represent the Vatican in the World Model U.N. 2009 Conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
• Alternative Spring Break bloggers, including the students, staff and faculty who volunteered in Appalachia, Tennessee, and New York City.
• Shelby and Kelsey in the new Education Abroad program SMU-in-Cairo. They have climbed Mount Sinai and explored pyramids, in addition to studying at the American University in Cairo.
If you know students or faculty whom you consider Adventurers – whether they’re researching, traveling volunteering, leading or interning this summer – contact Sarah Hanan in SMU News and Communications, 214-768-7622.
• Meet the bloggers at SMU Student Adventures
Ten students in SMU’s Model United Nations program participated in the World Model U.N. 2009 Conference in March in The Hague, Netherlands. The SMU delegation was assigned to represent the Vatican at the conference, where students from more than 40 countries debated and discussed world issues facing the U.N. system. Read more about it at the SMU team’s Model U.N. group blog.
• See a slideshow of the team’s trip to the Netherlands