SMU Fashion Week 2015 kicks off Wednesday, April 22 and will run through Friday, April 24. Focusing on the “Business of Fashion,” the three-day event will take an inside look at what it means to be a designer and entrepreneur, as well as how one of Dallas’ most prestigious shopping destinations, Stanley Korshak, stays competitive in the luxury fashion market.
Founded in 2011, SMU Fashion Week aims to provide students with information on a variety of careers within the trillion-dollar international fashion industry. From Style Editor of FDLuxe Bradley Gather Means and blogger Tina Craig of Bag Snob to rewardStyle founders Baxter and Amber Box, past speakers have offered valuable insight into their areas of focus. In collaboration with SMU’s Fashion Media program, Meadows School of the Arts and the SMU Retail Club, this year’s events feature a lineup of prestigious and insightful presenters.
Wednesday, April 22: A talk with Levi Palmer
- SMU Fashion Week 2015 opens with London designer Levi Palmer of palmer//harding. During a live interview, Palmer will talk about his entrepreneurial journey as the designer of what the press has described as “the world’s most perfect shirts.”
- 1 p.m. in Room 241, Umphrey Lee Center.
Thursday, April 23: Fashion Week keynote address by Crawford Brock
- Crawford Brock of Stanley Korshak will present the SMU Fashion Week 2015 keynote address. During company owner Brock’s keynote address, guests will get an inside look at the man behind one of Dallas’ most prestigious shopping destinations, as well as what it takes to stay competitive in the luxury fashion business. Brock will meet students and talk with them one on one during a reception following the keynote address.
- Keynote begins at 5 p.m. in Room 241, Umphrey Lee Center. Reception with Crawford Brock to follow from 6-6:30 p.m. in the Division of Journalism complex near Room 280, Umphrey Lee Center.
Friday, April 24: Spring Fashion Show
- SMU Fashion Week 2015 wraps up with the annual Spring Fashion Show presented by The Retail Club at Cox School. This year’s show will feature looks from Stanley Korshak and the Haute Wheels mobile boutique. The Haute Wheels mobile boutique will be on-site for shopping, and Stanley Korshak will provide exclusive goodie bags for the first 30 fashion show attendees.
- 2 p.m. outdoors on the north end of Bishop Boulevard at the Main Quad flagpole.
All SMU Fashion Week 2015 events are free and open to the public. For more information, contact Chelsea Bell, director of the Fashion Media Program in the Meadows School Division of Journalism, via email or phone at 214-768-4913.