SMU theatre students put their best work forward during the Meadows School of the Arts’ 23rd annual New Visions, New Voices playwriting festival. Performances will take place March 29-April 2, 2017 in the Greer Garson Theatre, Owen Arts Center.
Produced by Associate Professor and Head of Theatre Studies Gretchen Smith, the festival features graduating theatre students each presenting a staged reading of one of their full-length plays .
Featured works and their showtimes include:
- Black and White by Reece Graham, Wednesday, March 29, 8 p.m.
- Nihilistsmas by Alec Petsche, Thursday, March 30, 8 p.m.
- Bodies by Joanna Coogan, Friday, March 31, 8 p.m.
- Bathtub Love by Marcus Pinon, Saturday, April 1, 2 p.m.
- Casserole by Hunter McConnell, Saturday, April 1, 8 p.m.
- Perambulatory: Preambleastory by Haley Nelson, Sunday, April 2, 2 p.m.
All performances are free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Meadows Box Office, 214-768-2787 (214-SMU-ARTS).