SMU observes its 101st Commencement May 13-14, 2016 with events for students, faculty, alumni and the entire community.
Technology and civic leaders, and SMU parents, Richard and Mary Templeton will speak at the all-University ceremony at 9:30 a.m. May 14 in Moody Coliseum. The University expects to award nearly 2,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees.
Cancer prevention pioneer and global health leader Dr. Groesbeck Parham will receive an SMU Doctor of Science honoris causa during the ceremony.
Some major events at a glance:
- May 13 – SMU Guildhall Spring Exhibition and Graduation Reception
- May 13-14 – Class of 1966 Golden Reunion
- May 13 – Baccalaureate, featuring an address by Rev. Paul Rasmussen ’04, senior pastor of Highland Park United Methodist Church (live simulcast in Hughes-Trigg Student Center Theater)
- May 13– Rotunda Recessional for undergraduate students, immediately following Baccalaureate
- May 14 – Faculty Breakfast and Distinguished University Citizen Awards presentation
- May 14 – All-University Commencement (live webcast at smu.edu/live)
- May 14 – School diploma presentations
> Learn more about Richard and Mary Templeton
> Find times, locations and other details on school and department diploma ceremonies
> Find ceremony information and student stories at SMU News
> Visit the Registrar’s May Commencement Convocation homepage