The SMU Faculty Senate honored five exemplary staff members with 2018 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards during the Senate’s last meeting of the 2017-18 academic year on Wednesday, May 2.
All winners are nominated by SMU faculty members, and the awards are presented each academic year at the Faculty Senate’s final meeting in May. The recognition is “a measure not just of jobs well done, but also of the personal contributions the individuals have made to the web of interconnections that make up SMU,” according to the Faculty Senate’s website.
This year’s winners:
- Kathryn Canterbury, Grants and Research, Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development
- Chuck Donaldson, Academic Services, Meadows School of the Arts
- Melissa Emmert, Department of Political Science, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Dee Powell, Dean’s Office, Cox School of Business
- Janet Stephens, Academic Services, Meadows School of the Arts