The SMU Faculty Senate honored five staff members for outstanding performance with 2017 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards. The honors were presented during the Senate’s last meeting of the 2016-17 academic year on Wednesday, May 3.
This year’s winners:
- James Dees, Graduate Student Administration, Lyle School of Engineering
- Pamela Goolsby, Events and Facilities, Perkins School of Theology
- Teresa Janicki, World Languages and Literatures, Dedman College
- Carolyn Jeter, Executive Assistant to the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, Office of the Provost
- Sandra Oswalt, Sponsored Projects, Office of Research and Graduate Studies
In addition to the glass trophies presented to each honoree, they received gifts ranging from season tickets to art books to museum memberships, donated by SMU Athletics, the SMU Bookstore, SMU Dining Services, Meadows Museum and the Meadows School of the Arts.