The SMU Faculty Senate honored five staff members for exceptional performance with its 2016 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards. The honors were presented during the Senate’s last meeting of the 2015-16 academic year on Wednesday, April 27.
This year’s winners:
- Susan Bailey, Academic and Student Affairs, Lyle School of Engineering
- Donna Gaubert, Dedman School of Law
- Bobbie Lay, Division of Theatre, Meadows School of the Arts
- Jan Olavarri, Dean’s Office, Cox School of Business
- Susan Sifford, Applied Physiology and Wellness, Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development
In addition to award trophies, each honoree received gifts ranging from season tickets to art books to museum memberships, donated by SMU Athletics, the SMU Bookstore, SMU Dining Services, Meadows Museum and the Meadows School of the Arts.