The SMU Staff Association honors outstanding employees with its 14th annual Staff Association Assembly and Recognition Ceremony. The event begins at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 5, 2015 in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. A reception precedes the ceremony at 10 a.m.
SMU President R. Gerald Turner will give his annual State of SMU speech, as well as the ceremony’s keynote address.
Winners of the 2015 Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Award and Presidential Recognition Awards will be honored during the event. The event also honors staff members who are celebrating their 25th anniversary with the University.
Staff members to receive special recognition include:
- Erich Heise, Parking and ID Card Services, Business and Finance
- Amit Kumar, High-Performance Computing, Information Technology
- Toni Nolen, IT Services, Fondren Library Center
- Darrah Rippy, Academic Scheduling, Office of the Registrar
- Julie Wiksten, Associate VP for Operational Excellence, OE2C