Summer is nearly here — the end of Spring 2013 (and another semester) at a glance:
- May 6: Last day of instruction
- May 7: Reading Day
- May 8-14: Examinations (no exams scheduled for Sunday)
- May 16-31: May Term 2013 for SMU Campus and SMU-in-Taos
- May 17-18: May Commencement Weekend
- May 27: University Holiday, Memorial Day
- June 6: Last day to file for August Graduation
Friends of SMU Libraries: The Friends of SMU Libraries is holding their annual dinner and meeting at 6 p.m. Monday, May 6 at Seasons 52, located at Northpark Center. Featured speaker Hugh Aynesworth is a journalist, author and historian and will be presenting his most recent work, Witness to History, a personal retrospective on the JFK assassination 50 years after the event. This event is $45 per person and registration is required.
Beta Test: Visit SMU Guildhall graduate students in the Hughes-Trigg Commons on Tuesday, May 7, to playtest the unique video games they created. Stop in anytime from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
End of 2013 Tate Lecture Season: The final Tate Lecture of the 2012-2013 season is Tuesday, May 7, 2013. The season will close with Álvaro Uribe. As always the Student Forum is at 4:30 p.m. in Hughes-Trigg and the lecture is at 8 p.m. in McFarlin Auditorium.