DeGolyer Library entrance, 2015DeGolyer Library will be closed to the general public starting June 1, 2015, as part of the renovation in Fondren Library. Over the next 6-12 months, the library will be moving all of its collections, work spaces, offices, and reading room. Staff will attempt to keep up with reference queries and photo orders as best they can during the renovation, but there will be times when some materials will be completely inaccessible or stored off site. Our various digital collections, of course, will remain accessible: http://digitalcollections.smu.edu/all/cul/

We appreciate everyone’s patience and look forward to serving researchers in renovated facilities in 2016!

For more information about DeGolyer Library and the progress of the renovation itself, bookmark the library’s web page page and the Fondren Renovation blog.

AA-CUL(Systems)

4 Comments » for DeGolyer Library closing June 1 for renovation
  1. Helen Hough says:

Dear Archivist,
    I would like to look at some 25 pages of a reference book that is identified as part of the the DeGolyer Library collection, specifically Lotz, 1963. Will your library reopen sometime this summer?
    Thank you,
    Helen Hough

• Katie Dziminski says:

Hi Ms. Hough,

Thank you for your inquiry. As you noted we are closed right now for renovation. Our expected date to reopen in October 15. Please feel free to check back with us at that time.

Best regards,

Katie Dziminski
      Head of Public Services
      DeGolyer Library
      kdziminski@smu.edu

2. Patsy Dennis says:

Hello. I am working on genealogy and I am trying to find ANY information regarding my great great grandfather, Matthew Roberts who worked for Baldwin Locomotive as a machinist. sometime after 1875 (I don’t have his date of death). Do you think you could possibly take a look & see what you can find??!! Please.

3. Candace Carlisle Vilas says:

When do you believe the DeGolyer will reopen? I’m a graduate student in Art History at TCU and I need to review two books found in the DeGolyer as part of my thesis. Thanks!