As SMU moves into Summer Session II (July term), it’s important to maintain a healthy campus by diligently following SMU’s current COVID-19 protocols.
Here are some reminders.
- The Mustang Strong Dashboard recording COVID-19 cases at SMU is now updated weekly on Thursdays. SMU strongly encourages everyone to receive the COVID-19 vaccination to prevent the spread and lessen the severity of the virus, if contracted.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available at the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center for current and incoming students, SMU employees and their eligible spouse/dependents. Book an appointment through the health portal or by calling 214-768-2141 (option 1). After receiving the vaccine, please record your status in the voluntary vaccination reporting tool.
- The Health Center also provides COVID-19 testing for students and employees, but appointments are required, so call first at 214-768-2141 to schedule one. Employees also can receive a test any Virtual Care for Families location around the DFW area. Campus community members who test positive for COVID-19 or are close contacts of a known-positive case, must report that information through the SMU Health Reporting form for employees and the CCC form for students.
- Masks may be required by faculty in their classrooms. Instructors will notify students prior to the start of class in their course syllabus. A decision about mask requirements for fall will be made within the next few weeks.
- For more information, please check the Mustang Strong website or scan the QR Code on signs posted at the entrances of campus buildings.