SMU Unbridled: The Second Century Campaign has made SMU fundraising history and exceeded records set by previous giving initiatives. To date the campaign, which runs through December 31, 2015, has:
- Gained support from the largest number of donors – more than 62,000 from around the world.
- Received gifts from nearly 23,000 donors in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Received the largest number of gifts of $1 million or more – 171.
- Surpassed its goal to receive gifts from more than 50 percent of alumni over the course of the campaign, achieving 56.9 percent.
- Exceeded its goal to achieve 25 percent of undergraduate alumni giving in a single year, reaching 26 percent for 2014–2015. (This measurement is used by ranking organizations to gauge the level of alumni satisfaction with their alma mater.)
- Attained a 68 percent giving level from faculty and staff, the highest ever.
- Received gifts from 18 percent of the student body in 2015 through campus leaders promoting a Join the Stampede drive.
- Publicly launched in 2008 with a goal of $750 million; raised to $1 billion in 2013 because of rapid progress