Be at least a rising junior (must have an expected graduation date of December 2020) or higher, up to and including graduate students. Former Scholarship recipient are eligible to receive the Scholarship again.
Be a member of one of the following SMU student organizations:
• Association of Latino Professionals for America
• College Hispanic American Students (CHAS)
• Cox Latino Business Club
• Dedman Law Hispanic Law Student Association
• League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
• Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (Hispanic
• AEM-SMU, the Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos
Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher
Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
Submit a completed application, including responses to essay questions below.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. CT on Friday, March 23, 2018.
The number of scholarships and amounts awarded will vary annually. This scholarship will be awarded to the recipient/s for the Fall 2018 semester and will be divided out over the recipient's remaining semesters at SMU.
Scholarship recipient/s will be notified in early April 2018. We will ask scholarship recipients to attend the annual Hispanic Alumni Awards Reception to be recognized on Thursday, April 26, 2018. Attendance at this event is a requirement to receive the Scholarship.
If you have any comments, questions, and/or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 214-768-ALUM.
2. Why is it important for you to give back to your community? How do you do so now as a student and how would you like to do so as an alumnus/a?