• Be at least a rising sophomore (must have an expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021) or higher, up to and including graduate students
• Be a member of Association of Black Students (ABS)
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher
• Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
• Submit a completed application, including a personal essay.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. CT on Friday, December 8, 2017.
The number of scholarships and amounts awarded will vary annually. This scholarship will be awarded to the recipient/s for the Fall 2018 semester and will be divided out over the recipient's remaining semesters at SMU.
Scholarship recipient/s will be notified by December 18, 2017. We will ask scholarship recipients to attend the Black Excellence Ball to be recognized on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
If you have any comments, questions, and/or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-ALUM.