A memory submitted by Merrill Reynolds, Class of 1976

I had many terrific faculty members while attending SMU, but none rank higher in my mind than Donald F. Jackson. Don was a faculty member for many years in the business school. I took countless hours of finance in numerous classes that Don taught. The memories are vivid and the experience in his classes was top rate. I would never have been as successful as I have been without the instructions, information and overall teaching skills of Don Jackson. Don not only got me to understand the power of financial investing but gave me a broad base knowledge of corporate finance, banking, and real estate as well. I have done a lot of training in my life and have always tried to emulate the delivery and enjoyment that I had witnessed in Don’s classes. He was truly one of a kind and I feel so fortunate that our paths crossed while at SMU. Still today I visit with Don routinely to discuss finance and investments. You will find no better supporters of the school than Don and Fran Jackson. As SMU honors it’s faculty I am pleased to provide my memories and best wishes to the school about Donald Jackson on its 100th birthday.