A memory submitted by Tom Wheeler, Class of 1966

I am embarrassed to admit that I cannot remember the names of all my former professors whose teaching and presence were important to me as a student and even more so in the years since. I was at SMU from Sep 1962 through May 1966, graduating with a B.S. in biology. I do indeed want to salute the memory of those who made a great impression on me (and had a more profound impact on my life than I would have realized at the time). Here are the ones I remember . . . Lorraine Fowler, English William Stallcup, biology Elmer Cheatum, biology _______ Harris, biology (I think he was also dean of Humanities & Sciences) _____________, biology (taught physiology; did research in endocrinology) Thomas Kenner, chemistry Harold Jeskey, chemistry William (?) Banowicz, chemistry ________ Clark (?), physics ________ Strange, psychology ________ Nance, comparative literature Other favorites . . . 1) ___________ (male) taught History of Ideas during 1965-1966 academic year; was voted Favorite Teacher around that time 2) ___________ (male) taught German (I had him in 1963) 3) ___________ (female) taught personality psychology in 1964-1965 I hate that I can t readily recall their names, nor do I have any notebooks from those years that I could thumb through. But they were all outstanding teachers and great encouragers. I have been a teacher myself since graduating from SMU; memories of their ways of delivering and engaging have set the standards for me.