A memory submitted by Tracy Machado, Class of 1995

I have a short list of favorite professors from my time at SMU. Each of these professors had a lasting impact on my career and life.

In no particular order:

- Jonathon Sokobin, corporate finance. Professor Sokobin’s course on corporate finance directly drove my career direction. His class was fun & engaging, and I’ve been loving my career in corporate finance ever since graduating from SMU.

- John Slocum, organizational behavior. Professor Slocum taught real life lessons in his course on organizational behavior. His class was so interesting that I invited friends from other majors to attend with me just to listen to his lectures.

- My Russian language professor. I think he was also the Dean of the program. I don’t recall his name, but he took a personal interest in my studies and helped me to secure a partial scholarship for my study abroad in Russia. Life changing in every way. Because of his encouragement, I met my current husband that summer in St. Petersburg, and our home continues to follow the theme of Russophiles.