- Invitation to Big iDeas Spring Symposium
- Call for Proposals for Hamilton Undergraduate Research Scholars Program: Summer 2013 & AY 2013-2014
- Update to 2013 Summer Research Assistantships Guidelines: Deadline April 5th!
- SMU Now Offers McNair Scholars Program: Application Deadline March 29th!
- 2013 Full-time Summer Research Assistantships, March 29 Deadline!
Author Archives: Kathleen Tibbetts
Hilary Hopkins is an SMU sophomore majoring in biochemistry, with a minor in English. As a pre-medical student studying for a career in pediatrics, she plans to become a key player in children’s health. But as an undergraduate researcher, she’s … Continue reading
SMU senior Emily Harry is generating new inhibitors of beta-lactamase, a bacterial enzyme responsible for the degradation of penicillin and the resultant bacterial resistance to this antibiotic. This undergraduate research, performed in the laboratory of SMU Professor John Buynak, has … Continue reading
Kyle Paterson, a junior Geology major, was announced as a finalist in the SMU Student Employee of the Year campaign for his work as an undergraduate research assistant in the Schuler Museum of Paleontology. Kyle was nominated by Dr. Louis … Continue reading
SMU senior Joseph Hashem has been working in the Optoelectronics Laboratory in the Physics Department with an Undergraduate Research Assistantship since his junior year. This is a state-of-the- art laboratory that builds optical-electronics components for particle physics detectors. The most … Continue reading