- Fulbright Research Scholar, University of Oslo, 2017-2018
- Gerald J. Ford Research Fellowship, SMU, 2017-2018
- Academic Lectures, Conference Presentations, and Speaking Engagements
- AT&T Legal Conference, Co-Presenter, “Supreme Court Update: The Nine” (with former Acting U.S. Attorney General Peter Keisler), Omni Hotel, Dallas, May 3, 2017.
- Morning Keynote, “Terrorist Watchlists, Freedom of Movement, & the Meaning of Citizenship,” MSDS@SMU, Magnolia Hotel, Dallas, March 31, 2017.
- Invited presentation, “The Unreasonable Rise of Reasonable Suspicion: Terrorist Watchlists and Terry v. Ohio,” at the Institute of Bill of Rights and William and Mary Bill of Rights Journal Symposium, Williamsburg, Virginia, March 24, 2017.
- Keynote Address, “The Story of James Donovan: The Real-Life Inspiration for Steven Spielberg’s Bridge of Spies,” at the Institute for Honor Symposium From Redcoats to Red Spies and Beyond: Lawyers & Infamous Clients, Washington & Lee School of Law, Lexington, VA, March 14, 2017.
- Organizer and Moderator, “Big Data” – A Panel Discussion on Database Technology, Liberty, and Privacy, February 3, 2017 (panelists Patricia Kosseim (OPC), Joel Reidenberg (Fordham), Justin Koplow (AT&T)).
- Papers, Publications, and Other Writings
- The Richelieu Effect: The Khodorkovsky Case and Political Interference with Justice, in LAW AND JUSTICE IN RUSSIA (M. Kurkchiyan & A. Kubal, eds., Cambridge University Press forthcoming 2017).
- Terrorist Watchlists, in THE CAMBRIDGE HANDBOOK OF SURVEILLANCE LAW (D. Gray & S. Henderson, eds., Cambridge University Press forthcoming 2017).
- Hybrid Warfare, International Humanitarian Law, and the Case of Ukraine, in COMPLEX BATTLESPACES: THE LAW OF ARMED CONFLICT AND THE DYNAMICS OF MODERN WARFARE (C. Ford & W. Williams, eds., Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2017).
- The Unreasonable Rise of Reasonable Suspicion: Terrorist Watchlists and Terry v. Ohio, 26 WILLIAM & MARY BILL OF RIGHTS JOURNAL — (forthcoming 2017).
- Media Appearances