All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- The Subversive Cross is a symbol of empowerment for all, including El Salvador’s women
- Pilgrims March with Thousands
- Pilgrims with Alabama Leaders
- Photo from Selma
- Why this does not grow old
- Nonviolent courage of the Little Rock Nine
- To the sons and daughters who risked their lives
- Thank you to the nameless
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Cheyenne is a junior from Dallas majoring in public policy, with a minor in economics and human rights. She traveled with a group of 15 students, faculty and community members on a trip August 2-12 to South Africa, led by SMU Human Rights Program director Rick Halperin. The trip focused on the events and landmarks of apartheid, the system of racial segregation enforced there by the white-controlled government from 1948 to 1989. Continue reading