All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Views of London and Oxford
- Like lines in a hand: The remains of Fascism ideology in the Viale del Mare
- Our arrival in London
- Fun and learning at a youth outreach center
- Diving into the data on arts education supporters
- Injustice and resilience in Panama
- You can’t win if you don’t fight
- Finding Michael Jackson at the FBI
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Megan, a senior biology major in Dedman College, is participating in the eight-week Michael E. Debakey Summer Surgery Program in Houston, where she will work closely with a faculty mentor to learn more about careers in surgery. Continue reading
Varsha is a sophomore BBA Scholar and SMU Distinguished Scholar majoring in finance and biochemistry. This summer, she is participating in the Michael E. DeBakey Summer Surgery Program at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. Continue reading
Chester is participating in the Debakey Summer Surgery Program through the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston this summer. The program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to work with faculty, surgical residents, medical students, and nurses. During the eight weeks, students become familiar with the hospital environment, the operating room, and the lifestyle of a surgeon. They are expected to become an integral part of their surgical teams by participating in rounds, surgery, and conferences. Continue reading