All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Meet the Hive
- DwellEarth Training Session
- Maternity, Domestic Work and Other Thoughts
- Wealthy Guilt, White guilt, Gringo guilt:
- Making Friends While Abroad is Not Easy, But I Wish it Was
- Public Space as Male Space
- Where to go from here? Forward.
- Recalling the victims, and planners, of the ‘Final Solution’
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
2011 marks the third anniversary of the Hilltop Scholars Expedition. The expedition allows 32 incoming Hilltop Scholars (in two groups of 16) the opportunity to backpack together for eight days the summer before their first year at SMU. During the eight days, the students not only bond over the trip’s physical challenges, but they also study and implement leadership lessons so that when they arrive on campus, they are ready to take it by storm. Below are excerpts from journals the students kept during the trips. Continue reading