All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Like lines in a hand: The remains of Fascism ideology in the Viale del Mare
- Our arrival in London
- Fun and learning at a youth outreach center
- Diving into the data on arts education supporters
- Injustice and resilience in Panama
- You can’t win if you don’t fight
- Finding Michael Jackson at the FBI
- On the range
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
2011 marks the third anniversary of the Hilltop Scholars Expedition. The expedition allows 32 incoming Hilltop Scholars (in two groups of 16) the opportunity to backpack together for eight days the summer before their first year at SMU. During the eight days, the students not only bond over the trip’s physical challenges, but they also study and implement leadership lessons so that when they arrive on campus, they are ready to take it by storm. Below are excerpts from journals the students kept during the trips. Continue reading