All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Oxford: It must be experienced for oneself
- Views of London and Oxford
- Like lines in a hand: The remains of Fascism ideology in the Viale del Mare
- Our arrival in London
- Fun and learning at a youth outreach center
- Diving into the data on arts education supporters
- Injustice and resilience in Panama
- You can’t win if you don’t fight
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
George W. Bush Institute
In June 2013 President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush are traveling to Livingstone, Zambia, where they will work alongside local Zambians, U.S. embassy officials and George W. Bush Institute staff to renovate a clinic that when completed, will serve as a cervical cancer screening and treatment center. Four SMU students are among the group of volunteers who are helping renovate the clinic. They are joined by Eric G. Bing, professor of global health in the Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development and in Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, and senior fellow and director for global health at the Bush Institute. Continue reading