All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Snapshots from Stockholm
- Overcoming Homesickness While Studying Abroad: Five Ways
- Touristy Tuesday: Abigail’s Guide to Kronborg (AKA Hamlet’s Castle)
- Nome and Home Safe
- Sugar–Yes, Please! My First Danish Birthday Celebration
- What’s so Great about Western Denmark?
- SMU Geophysicists Continue NETL-Sponsored Research Voyage
- Touristy Tuesday: Tivoli
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Astrud is a junior major, with minors in chemistry, international studies and human rights, in Dedman College. In Summer 2009, she is participating in her second summer internship with the Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. She is taking classes as well as observing and following doctors through preceptorships.
In August 2009, Astrud will be participating in the SMU Human Rights Program’s trip to Rwanda. As part of a Richter Research Fellowship, she will study the effects there of public health care on childhood obesity and its impact on human rights. Continue reading