All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Meet the Hive
- DwellEarth Training Session
- Maternity, Domestic Work and Other Thoughts
- Wealthy Guilt, White guilt, Gringo guilt:
- Making Friends While Abroad is Not Easy, But I Wish it Was
- Public Space as Male Space
- Where to go from here? Forward.
- Recalling the victims, and planners, of the ‘Final Solution’
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
SMU Alternative Breaks partners with its Community Engagement & Leadership Center, to take 70 students, and faculty and staff advisers, to seven locations in Texas, Oklahoma and Florida. They will spend four days working with nonprofit organizations that address issues including hunger, child abuse, homelessness, women’s rights and environmental restoration. Continue reading
The Dedman College Center for Academic-Community Engagement (ACE) is participating in the Alternative Breaks trip to New Orleans in December. Participants in the trip, which is co-sponsored by ACE and the office of Community Engagement and Leadership, are working with Youth Rebuilding New Orleans. Continue reading