All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- The Subversive Cross is a symbol of empowerment for all, including El Salvador’s women
- Pilgrims March with Thousands
- Pilgrims with Alabama Leaders
- Photo from Selma
- Why this does not grow old
- Nonviolent courage of the Little Rock Nine
- To the sons and daughters who risked their lives
- Thank you to the nameless
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Daily Archives: December 20, 2013
Sixteen SMU students, faculty and staffers, along with D/FW community members, will be in Poland Dec. 18–30 to visit Holocaust sites. Led by SMU Embrey Human Rights Program Director Rick Halperin, the group will visit cities and death camps where, during World War II, some 4,375,000 people were murdered during the country’s Nazi, Germany, occupation. Continue reading
An update from Jazmin, a senior majoring in human rights and Spanish: CONCENTRATION CAMP: STUTTHOF GEOGRAPHICAL AREA: NEAR THE CITY OF GDANSK AND THE BALTIC SEA NUMBER OF PRISONERS: 110,000 DEATHS: 65,000 Unfortunately, the thought of establishing concentration camps had … Continue reading