All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Top 10 Things I Will Miss about Copenhagen
- A Week in the Life of a DIS Student
- Oslo, Bergen, and Barcelona, Oh My!
- Mental Health Abroad: You are Capable.
- A Love Letter to Kosovo
- Snapshots from Stockholm
- Overcoming Homesickness While Studying Abroad: Five Ways
- Touristy Tuesday: Abigail’s Guide to Kronborg (AKA Hamlet’s Castle)
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Daily Archives: June 2, 2013
The Perkins Global Theological Education Program prepares Christian leaders for complex cultural experiences through seminars and significant immersion experiences in other cultures. Students learn to build intercultural relationships, resolve cultural conflicts and guide intercultural ventures. In South Africa, participants are gaining insights into Christian hope in the region by exploring the political, economic, sexual, racial, and gender-complex experiences of the people of South Africa, and by participating in varieties of church and community-based ministries in Cape Town and Durban. This course is led by Dr. Evelyn L. Parker, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Practical Theology.
Perkins students also are blogging this summer from France at blog.smu.edu/studentadventures/category/theology-in-france/ Continue reading