All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Views of London and Oxford
- Like lines in a hand: The remains of Fascism ideology in the Viale del Mare
- Our arrival in London
- Fun and learning at a youth outreach center
- Diving into the data on arts education supporters
- Injustice and resilience in Panama
- You can’t win if you don’t fight
- Finding Michael Jackson at the FBI
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Daily Archives: May 29, 2013
The Perkins Global Theological Education Program prepares Christian leaders for complex cultural experiences through seminars and significant immersion experiences in other cultures. Students learn to build intercultural relationships, resolve cultural conflicts and guide intercultural ventures. The immersion course in Taize, France is led by Dr. C. Michael Hawn, University Distinguished Professor of Church Music and Director of the Perkins Master of Sacred Music Program, and Dr. Heidi A. Miller, Assistant Professor of Christian Worship. Theology students studying in Taize, France, visit sacred sites such as the Taize community, Notre Dame, Cluny and Chartres, and consider the sites’ rich contributions to Christian worship and music.
Perkins students also are blogging this summer from South Africa at blog.smu.edu/studentadventures/category/theology-in-south-africa/ Continue reading