These girls at a Tamil Evangelical Lutheran hostel get an education and a safe place to stay and the chance to escape grinding poverty and abuse. Hindus, Muslims, and Christians – all are welcome – live together. They are invited to pray together in church but none is forced. This Christian approach is invitational, not coercive, with love for each child at its heart.
All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Knowledge is power: Dallas assists with humanitarian crisis
- The long route to fight human trafficking
- Are we there yet?
- Working together to solve inequities in education
- I am woman, hear me roar
- Back to the future
- Three girls’ nights, three learning experiences
- Creating a feeling of ‘home’ in the Commons
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.