Saccidananda Ashram, Shantivanam of the Holy Spirit, a Christian ashram, is a monastery of Benedictine monks that includes study of Hindu doctrine (Vedanta) and Hindu methods of prayer and meditation (Yoga) and welcomes guests from all around the world for retreats. We had a talk with the abbot Father Martin and shared lunch, which was simple but delicious.
All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- The Subversive Cross is a symbol of empowerment for all, including El Salvador’s women
- Pilgrims March with Thousands
- Pilgrims with Alabama Leaders
- Photo from Selma
- Why this does not grow old
- Nonviolent courage of the Little Rock Nine
- To the sons and daughters who risked their lives
- Thank you to the nameless
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.