The thought of spending five long, amazing weeks in Paris and the surrounding areas not only excites but enthralls me. I feel privileged to get to study in a country besides my own. Rather than sitting in Meadows learning art history through slides I will be exploring the halls of the Louvre and other amazing museums. Not only will I learn about French history in class but also everyday on the city streets of Paris.
I am energized about the opportunity to finally “live” like a Parisian. Each time I return to Paris it feels more and more familiar. I have been itching for the chance to live there since the day I left 4 years ago.
It will be a completely different world with new faces, new streets and new places to go and I can’t wait for it all to begin.
As they say in France, “A tout a l’heure.”
All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Meet the Hive
- DwellEarth Training Session
- Maternity, Domestic Work and Other Thoughts
- Wealthy Guilt, White guilt, Gringo guilt:
- Making Friends While Abroad is Not Easy, But I Wish it Was
- Public Space as Male Space
- Where to go from here? Forward.
- Recalling the victims, and planners, of the ‘Final Solution’
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.