I will be going back to Nepal to work on a peace project that I and one of my high school friends from Conneticut College collaborated on. The peace project is funded by Kathryn Wasserman Davis Fund. The project is called “Peace Ambassadors” and we will be working in a village called Rukum. Since there is a war going on between Maoists and the government, the children and the women have been suffering a lot. With the project we plan to restore a school and give 20 scholarships to children of single mom. We will be on site, working from June 1.
All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- Top 10 Things I Will Miss about Copenhagen
- A Week in the Life of a DIS Student
- Oslo, Bergen, and Barcelona, Oh My!
- Mental Health Abroad: You are Capable.
- A Love Letter to Kosovo
- Snapshots from Stockholm
- Overcoming Homesickness While Studying Abroad: Five Ways
- Touristy Tuesday: Abigail’s Guide to Kronborg (AKA Hamlet’s Castle)
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.