About the SMU Running/Walking Club
The SMU Running/Walking Club was started in 2011 for members of the SMU community by a group of SMU faculty and staff who are dedicated to their health and fitness. We welcome all ages and skill levels. Whether you are looking to start a walk/run program or ready to race a marathon, we want you! Join us for a casual walk, run or maybe even a little speed workout!
Meeting Times & Locations
(Meet in Lobby of The Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports)
Mon/Wed: We run on Katy Trail
Fri: We do track workouts
Gina Garcia 214-768-4818 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Fitness
- Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science – Kabardino-Balkarski University of Russia
- Two years Kinesiology Study – Shaping ISF College in San Petersburg
- Certified Personal Trainer –ACSM, ACE, Cooper Institute
- Biomechanics and Advanced Biomechanics of Resistance Training – Cooper Aerobic Center
- Older Adult Specialist – Cooper Aerobic Center
- Running Experience
- 12 years personal training experience
- Ran track for Russian University and played professional rugby.
- Finished two half marathons, one half Iron Man, enjoy doing Olympic and Sprint triathlons.
Robert Watling 214-768-2822 | email@example.com
- Certified Coach – Road Runners Club of America (RRCA)
- Nine completed marathons with a personal best of 2:54:01, and three completed half-marathons with a personal best of 1:22:07
- 2012, 2013, and 2104 Boston Marathon finisher