The Oracle cloud-based software, Taleo, was chosen to improve the recruiting process for all users – the hiring manager, applicant, and HR Business Partner. SMU HR, in partnership with OIT, has been working to configure the new system which is expected to eliminate many paper forms and streamline processes.
Features and Updates for Hiring Managers
The Taleo system introduces many new tools and improvements for hiring managers recruiting for staff positions.
- The ability to initiate the recruitment process, seek the appropriate approvals, and monitor progress of the recruitment via the online system and a manager dashboard.
- Taleo will be integrated with four major job boards (CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, HigherEdJobs, and Monster) for faster advertising of posted positions.
- The ability for the candidate to upload a cover letter or sample of work for your review.
- A robust screening tool that will help hiring managers identify applicants who not only meet the minimum requirements but also preferred qualifications by using ACE (pre-screen) questions that every applicant will complete.
- An evaluation tool that will enable hiring managers to capture feedback from interview committee members electronically. The tool will allow managers to view a summary and comments from interviewers within the system, and best of all – no forms to collect.
- The Taleo system has been integrated with our new background check service, HireRight, to collect background check releases via a secure online portal versus using a paper form.
- Human Resources will be building a library of messages that hiring managers can use to quickly communicate with an applicant about their status within the recruiting process.
Training for Hiring Managers
HR and OIT are working on training materials to help hiring managers learn the new platform. HR Business Partners will also work one-on-one with hiring managers to learn the new system as they have a recruitment need. More information about training resources will be made available in September.
HR and OIT are targeting mid-September for implementation. HR may need to temporarily hold any new job postings for several days as the new system comes online. In most cases, hiring managers with jobs posted in our current e-Recruit system will complete their recruiting process in e-Recruit, however your HR Business Partner will be your best source of information as implementation approaches.
At this time, Taleo will only be used to manage the recruiting process for benefits-eligible staff. Faculty should continue using their current processes for hiring faculty and adjunct professors.