- A $2.5 million gift from the W.W. Caruth, Jr. Foundation through Communities Foundation of Texas for the W.W. Caruth, Jr. Child Advocacy Clinic and Institute funds new programming as well as a clinic director, a tenure-track faculty position to lead the institute and support staff. The clinic serves children and families referred by the Dallas County Juvenile Court and trains law students interested in defending the rights of children. The gift extends the foundation’s support for up to 10 years, subject to a five-year review, and expands the partnership between the foundation and the clinic begun in 2001.
- A $1 million gift from Helmut Sohmen ’66 supports the successful Sohmen Scholarship Program for top law graduates in China to attend SMU’s international LL.M. program. Sohmen serves as co-chair of the Campaign Steering Committee for International Regions and as a member of the Campaign Steering Committee for Dedman School of Law. The new gift endows two additional scholarships, enabling SMU to host six Sohmen Scholars annually.
- A $1 million gift from Marilyn Hussman Augur ’89 endows the Chief Judge Richard S. Arnold Rule of Law Professorship. The chair honors Arnold, a U.S. Court of Appeals judge who served as a Distinguished Professor at Dedman School of Law in 2001.
- Alumni Create New Possibilities For Special Needs Adults
- Entrepreneurial Alumna Shaping Local Food Truck History
- SMU Alumnus Played Key Role In ‘Two-Buck Chuck’ Creation
- Karen Hughes Honored As Dedman College Distinguished Graduate
- London-Based Alumna Launches Organization To Fight Poverty
- SMU-in-Spain Experience Reunites Alumni During Homecoming
- Meet Clint Carmichael ’10: Chicago Alumni Chapter President
- SMU Alumnus Helps Improve Economic Opportunities In Costa Rica
- Carl Pankratz: Rising Star In Business And Public Service
- SMU Alumna’s Dazzling Designs Win Spot In Belk Showcase
- Bruce W. Halliday on Class Notes 1960-1969
- Jon Charles Fortman on Residential Commons: Transforming The On-Campus Living Experience
- smumagazine on Prelude To A Presidential Center: Bush Institute Sponsors Symposia
- Tony Dickensheets on Prelude To A Presidential Center: Bush Institute Sponsors Symposia
- Bryan Russell on 2000-11