The Hart Center for Engineering Leadership at SMU is seeking an Assistant Director 3, for its Leadership Development Program. This position works closely with the Director of Leadership Development in fostering the leadership and professional development of engineering and computer science undergraduate and graduate students.
This position will help students build leadership capacity through formative assessments, individual and group coaching, facilitation of team dynamics, and other support initiatives.
- Provide individual and group leadership development coaching to undergraduate and graduate students working in conjunction with the Director of Leadership Development.
- Provide team and individual coaching in project oriented or team based courses for Lyle students, facilitating team-building activities to enable students to build and lead technically focused teams.
- Identify, organize and hold Leadership Development Seminar/Presentations related to leadership development activities for Lyle students in conjunction and separate from other activities within the Hart Center for Engineering Leadership.
- Support student leaders’ ability to grow and sustain engineering clubs and organizations.
- Plan and coordinate events associated with the Hart Leadership Assessment and Development portal, mentoring program and community engagement programs.
- Track leadership development metrics to evaluate mentor program, student leadership retreats, and Lyle Engineering in the City community engagement effectiveness.
- Maintain records and generate reports in the Hart Leadership portal.
- Create promotional materials for events and leadership programs
- Special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Five years of work experience in training, project management, group process facilitation, public speaking/presentations, and mentoring, is required.
- Experience teaching or training college student population is strongly preferred.
- Experience with high potential employee programs is preferred.
- Experience working in engineering and technical environments, product design, manufacturing or testing backgrounds is strongly preferred.
- Training or certificate in executive coaching is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.